27 July, 2007

Uh-oh

Last night I dreamt that it was early April 2008, and my mom showed up at Andover, informing me that she was starting a small business and that it was absolutely imperative that I be home to help her. She made me drop of Andover two months before graduation, telling me that the things I would learn those last two months wouldn't help me with the rest of my life anyway. I was, obviously and justifiably, completely irate, since I was, you know, a high school dropout. I wouldn't get into any good schools or get great jobs. I found myself in my living room, bawling, and I tried to yell at my mom, but I couldn't actually make any loud noises...my dreams have always been like that; it's weird. I wound up throwing and breaking everything I could, but, once again, that wasn't as effective as I had hoped...everything just landed with a dull thud. Then I woke up.

Don't worry, my mom would never make me drop out. That shows how attached I am to Andover, though...graduation is going to be a problem, I can tell.

No comments: